Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Penny Skateboard Review


The Penny Skateboard, it's retro, fun to ride, and it turns heads, but is it worth buying? 
Penny has been around "Since Forever", it's the Australian company with "The Original Plastic Skateboard".  

I recently bought one for myself and boy is it awesome. The price is one of the down-sides to this skateboard (It's $99!). I had to sell my Schwinn road bike to buy this. Penny claims that this is a special "new" plastic, but from what I can tell, it's plain-ol plastic (I've had other products made out of this material). Stating that, I'm not saying it's crappy board, a car can literally run it over and the skateboard will not take damage. Aside from being practically unsnapable, the board is very susceptible to burning down. It's made out of plastic so friction is a killer (Make sure you don't use the tail to slow down). It's quick and agile, carving is as smooth as slicing butter. The wheels are extremely high quality, however the bearings, oh, they're ABEC-3. You'll have to buy better ones to go faster (I recommend Bones REDS, they're $15). As you can see, the board has no grip tape, but it grips really well. 

Although this skateboard is nearly perfect! It has a couple flaws. I would rather buy a wooden version of this skateboard. The plastic just seems... cheap. But I love board and it definitely deserves the hype it's getting. 




12 comments:

  1. Maybe you'd be stoked on a 100% recycled version by Freeride? Seen here:http://www.zumiez.com/freeride-green-22-5-recycled-mini-complete-cruiser-skateboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picked up a Nickle today, which is a bigger version of the Penny made by the same company, I find it to be a little too loose for me, tried tightening the trucks hoping that would help but no help there. I bought my daughter a penny this past Christmas and really liked it except for the fact that its small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got my penny a few days ago from amazon and i love it. okay it is expensive but i think that every cent is deserved! ive never skated before and within few minutes i was able to ride this board. today i rode a cheaper version, the stereo cruiser, and i can definitely feel a difference. the penny is much smoother and easier, you feel like you are riding a longboard. it is also quicker than the stereo one. so guys if you ever think about getting a penny, then GET ONE! it is a MUST for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im gonna buy a Penny Skateboard soon, my parents are only allowing me to buy one with my own money. Im just really unsure about the whole plastic thing. The Penny board looks really nice and what not, but im afraid of the quality and if it breaks, there goes my $100. but i really want one, and i will buy one(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. rode my friends yesterday. my bro has a nock off called the torpedo board. the penny is 1000 times better. better deck, better trucks, better barings, better wheels

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Penny Board is amazing . Its sooo much fun to ride .. its not even that small . Its easy to carry around , its fast and easy to get used to . I dont skate at all but I bought a penny board and 10 minutes later I was riding it really good . The wheels are awesome . I take it everywhere now . It might be a little pricey but its definitely worth your money ! Go out and buy it now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey all. If you are worried about quality of this skateboards plastic--think again. Check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV4JdHmWG_Q#aid=P-jn6_s7CTE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this board. Before I ride with longboard, but then bought Penny skateboard. This skateboard is amazing. Very simple, but amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look very cool. Impressive and beautiful board design and colors.
    I will plan to buy this board next week :) tnx for post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny skateboards by BoardKopenNL
    is also one of the best in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. cruising boards

    ReplyDelete