Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Three Rappers

So I've narrowed it down to only three. They are not organized in any particular order. Here they are, My Top Three Favorite Rappers: 


The Notorious B.I.G.


- The Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls. Not many can compete with his flow, actually, the only other one who can is Snoop Dogg. His way of rapping is like no other. Its almost as if he's not even trying. He pronounces every single word perfectly. Not only is his flow clean, his lyrics are perfectly understandable. He tells stories of his life in the streets and his personal issues, and does it with ease and perfection.


Favorite five songs:
Suicidal Thoughts
Me And My Bitch
Juicy
Unbelievable
Everyday Struggle



Snoop Dogg


- Honorably entitled the Doggfather of Rap. No one else sounds like Snoop. He adds his own little modifications to words-- all those "izzles" really have a positive effect on the music. He and The Notorious B.I.G. have the sickest flow. His music just makes you want to get up and get down. He is heavily influenced by funk so you can understand why his music is dance-able. I love Snoop, you love Snoop, who doesn't love Snoop?


Favorite five songs: 
Murder Was The Case
Who Am I (What is my name)?
Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None)
Gin and Juice

Doggy Dogg World


Ice Cube
                         
    
- Oh man. While not the founder of gangsta rap he is indeed the best at gangsta rap. Every single verse he spits out makes perfect sense and rhymes tremendously-- no verse goes unused, they seamlessly connect to each other. He paints pictures in your head of life in the "hood". He is a real gangsta.


Favorite five songs
It Was A Good Day
Check Yo Self
You Know How We Do It
Bow Down
Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It




*UPDATE*


Tyler, The Creator/ OFWGKTA


- My favorite kind of rap has always been the kind where it's just the beat and the rapper. I don't like it when they over do it with big choruses or effects. Also, Tyler is real: he doesn't rap about what most rappers of my generation rap about. Tyler has no boundaries. This just goes to show that he does it because he wants to. If he wanted to do it for the money, he'd follow the rules and he music would be playing on the radio. He's on here because he's not the typical rapper. He and his group (OFWGKTA) are taking us to a new level of rap music. I'm glad I'm a fan now, when they're rising up to fame, rather be a fan later when everyone realizes how good they were. 


Favorite five songs:
Oldie (Odd Future) 
Radicals (Tyler)
She (Tyler) 
Goblin (Tyler) 
Transylvania (Tyler) 






No comments:

Post a Comment