Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Good Ol' Wrestling


Ahh, the World Wrestling Federation/ World Wrestling Entertainment, who doesn't remember this? Back in my day (early 2000s) kids had wrestling on their minds 24/7, seriously. Kids of my generation had everything wrestling related from the underwear they were wearing to the championship belt replicas (that they wore to school everyday). They were so hyped on wrestling that kids would organize fight clubs during recess.

I of course, was a part of this organization. 

I remember running home from school on Thursdays to watch TV until 8pm for my weekly dose of hardcore wrestling, this was the life! I couldn't wait to find out how the problems from the previous show were going to be solved. My favorite wrestler was Shawn Michaels, not only did he have the most badass theme song, but he had the best special move, the Sweet Chin Music (a roundhouse kick to the chin). I had dreams of being a professional wrestler, with my own theme song, and my own trademarked tights. 

Ahh, the good ol' wrestling days. I miss those days, why did they have to go? Yeah, I can still watch Smackdown, but it just wouldn't be the same. None of my favorite wrestlers are there. And the writers have pretty much run out of ideas. What's next? Rey Mysterio has baby-mama-drama with a WWE Diva? What do you think? Did you love wrestling? Do you STILL love wrestling? Do you still watch it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment