Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Top Android Applications



Android has thousands of applications, but not all of them are worth your money, or time. I've chosen a couple of my favorite apps to share with you. I'm excluding social media apps like Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, etc.  These apps are randomly arranged. 

Chrome to Phone


This apps allows you to send web pages, maps, and pictures to your Android device from your Chrome browser in seconds! Its as easy as clicking the extension icon on the top right of the browser. What else can I say? It makes it easier to send data from your office to your phone. 


Google Offers


Google Offers is an app that gives you daily deals to nearby businesses, being  restaurants, sporting goods shops, cupcake shops, flower shops, golf courses, sky diving, petting zoos, you pretty much get the idea. Google Offers has introduced me to so many places around Los Angeles that I never would of thought of going. You actually save money with Google Offers, unlike clipping the 25% Off coupons that come in the mail. 


gStrings 


As none of you know, I play the ukulele and as a string instrument, it gets out of tune. gStrings could possibly replace my $30 tuner I bought from Guitar Center (Its just that good). You can optimize it to work for violins, violas, cellos, bass, guitar, and ukuleles. You can get the free version (It comes with all the features + advertising) or you can buy the $2 version without the annoying ads. 


Screen Shot It 



Screen Shot It is the app rooted users NEED. I actually rooted my phone JUST to get this app. The developers make it super easy to take a screen shot. I have mine set to where I just shake my phone (Sweet, huh?). I took all the screen shots using this app.


Google Music 



As we all know Google came out with Google Music, its a free service that lets you upload music from your computer to the cloud so you can listen to it anywhere with an internet connection. Google was kind enough to give us 20,000 songs to upload for free. The Google Music app gets on this list because it's so easy to use, it's almost a part of the Android system, that's how smooth this baby runs. I have not yet uploaded my whole iTunes library, but I'll get there soon. 


Soundhound 



I can't tell you guys how many times I hear a song and not have any way to find out the artist, album, or even song title! Luckily, there's such thing as Soundhound, its a free application that gives you information on the song that playing in the background. It's damn accurate too (More so than Shazam). 


Toonpaint








Toonpaint is a really fun 'picture effects' app. It automatically turns your normal pictures into really cool cartoon looking ones. Many have said that this app is as good as Photoshop when it comes to this effect. 

So those were my top applications for Android. They are not organized in any significant order. I hope that you take my top apps as recommendations and take time to try them out.  












No comments:

Post a Comment